1.These terms and conditions are the competition rules (“Rules”) that apply to all competitions (“Competitions”) organised by or on behalf of UTV Radio (GB) Limited and all of its group companies (including, but not limited to, UTV Radio Limited, TalkSPORT Limited and Sport Magazine) the (“UTV Radio Group”) (in each case, the “Promoter”). For the purposes of these Rules, the term “Promoter” shall also include (a) all radio stations operated by any member of the UTV Radio Group, and (b) all agents, sponsors and event promoters involved in organising Competitions through or on behalf of any member of the UTV Radio Group.
2.In addition to the Rules, other specific terms and conditions may apply to a particular Competition (“Specific Rules”). Such Specific Rules will be posted on the relevant Promoter”s website and will be deemed incorporated into these Rules. In the event of any discrepancy between these Rules and the Specific Rules, the Specific Rules shall prevail.
3.By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply.
4.The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend any Competition, these Rules or any Specific Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within these Rules or the Specific Rules or on the relevant Promoter”s website. The Promoter may at any time, without notice, issue further terms and conditions to be read in conjunction with these Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply
5.Each entrant must be over 18 years of age and resident in the UK to enter Competitions unless otherwise stated
6.Officers, employees and agents of the Promoter and any party associated or directly connected to or with the specific Competition (including sponsors) and their families, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) and anyone who has won a prize on any Promoter”s website within the last 12 months are not eligible to enter any Competition.
7.Proof of making a phone call, sending post, email or sending an SMS is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or otherwise affected by matters outside our control.
8.Where a Competition has a closing date and/or time, all entries must be received before such date and/or time. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner.
9.By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
10.The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules or any Specific Rules or any other terms and conditions that apply to any Competition. Furthermore, entrants who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the Promoter will be excluded from the relevant Competition.
11.The Promoter also reserves the right to reject entries, applications or claims and to alter, amend or foreclose a Competition without prior notice in its absolute discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules or any Specific Rules.
12.Collusion with other Competition entrants is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate disqualification.
13a. SMS Competition Entry: Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, SMS entrants are required to send a text to the shortcode or number as indicated in the competition information. Text messages cost £1 per message plus your standard network charge. Competition closing date will be stated on each individual competition. Entries sent by text message which are received after the stated competition closing time will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition but may still be charged. Please make sure you text in the Keyword and answer carefully. Please ensure messages are 160 characters (including keywords) or less. Sport Magazine are not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of incorrectly formatted entries. Winners of competitions will be found on www.sport-magazine.co.uk
13b. SMS Votes and Comments: Where specified, readers will be able to vote and comment on magazine editorial contact via SMS. Messages to this number cost 50p per message plus your standard network message charge. Lines are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week unless stated and you will always be charged for your message. Votes or comments sent by text message which are received after the stated closing time will be invalid but may still be charged. All messages will be moderated and Sport Magazine reserves the right to edit, alter, or adapt your message in its absolute discretion. Messages which Sport Magazine deems are abusive, defamatory or otherwise in poor taste will be deleted. Please make sure you text in the Keyword and answer carefully. Sport Magazine are not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of incorrect entries. Please ensure messages are 160 characters (including keywords) or less
13c. Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries
14.Competition winners will be chosen at random unless otherwise specified
15.The judge”s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16.The Promoter will endeavour to notify and deliver prizes to winners of each Competition within 30 days of the closing date set for such Competition. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Please make sure you are contactable on the number provided. Sport Magazine will make reasonable efforts to contact you. If you are not contacted within 36 hours then Sport Magazine reserve the right to pick another winner.
17.In the case of Competition prizes in the form of free tickets for a particular event, the Promoter will contact the prize winner by phone and prize details shall be as printed on the event tickets. Ticket holders shall be bound by (a) these Rules, (b) any Specific Rules that apply, (c) any terms and conditions set out on the event tickets and (d) the rules and regulations of the particular venue (as applicable).
18.All Competition prizes are subject to availability.
19.All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize-winner.
20.No Competition prize may not be transferred or assigned to any other person and no cash alternative or alternative prize is available. In the event of the advertised Competition prize being unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
21.Competition prizes are awarded at the Promoter”s sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
22.No responsibility will be accepted for inaccurate Competition prize details supplied by the Promoter.
23.The Promoter shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering, or being unable to enter, any Competition or as a result of accepting any Competition prize. Neither shall it be held responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any entrant”s or any other person”s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in a Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter”s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
24.Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity or any other form of promotional activity. The Promoter reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photograph and any recordings of them (be it audio or visual) in any publicity or promotion. All Competition entrants agree to their name and home town being published on-air and elsewhere. Entrants agree to their participation being broadcast, printed, recorded, repeated and otherwise used for any reason by the Promoter without being entitled to any payment for such use. The Competition winner may be required by the Promoter to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and the winner hereby acknowledges that the Promoter has the right to use such photos, videos or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner for any purpose as it may see fit.
25. The prize includes delivery of the Submarine (worth 9.7k) and 500ml bottled drink to a UK mainland address at a mutually convenient time.
26. Prize also includes optional training session at a mutually convenient time. Travel costs to and from the training are not included.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any injury to persons or property while using the prize.
Full information on THE SUBWAY LUNCH™ is available at: http://www.subway.co.uk/menu/subs/value-lunch/default.aspx. THE SUBWAY LUNCH™ is not valid for double meat, extra cheese, bacon or any other extras. Participation may vary. Terms and conditions apply. Offer may be withdrawn at any time
1.Any personal data relating to Competition entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant”s consent.
2.The Promoter will keep a winning entrant”s personal details for a reasonable time so that it can send the entrant the winning prize, to verify that these Rules (and any Specific Rules, if applicable) have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. The Promoter may pass a winning entrant”s details on to its sponsors, service providers or agents for the purposes of sending out winning prizes on its behalf.
3. The Promoter will not pass on your personal details to any other organisation without your permission except for the purposes of running the competition which you have entered.
4. By entering the Competition all Players consent to the use of their personal details by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration and promotion of the Competition only.
5. By entering into the FPD the winner agrees to have their name, surname and county posted on http://www.facebook.com/SUBWAY.UK.Ireland for a period of 3 months following the closing date.
6. The Promoter will ensure that your information is safeguarded against loss, access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. All reasonable steps are taken to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of your information.
7. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the text is not completely secure. Although the Promoter will do its best to protect your personal data, the Promoter cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted; any transmission is at your own risk. Once the Promoter has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8.The Promoter will retain your information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and your consent to such purpose(s) remains valid after termination of the relationship with you.
9. You have the right to access information the Promoter holds about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of (currently) £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information the Promoter holds about you.
11. Entrants agree to keep confidential any information of whatsoever nature regarding UTV plc and any member of the UTV Radio Group and their respective businesses, personnel, agents, sponsors and event promoters received by entrants as a result of winning or participating in any Competition.
12. Each Competition (including these Rules, any Specific Rules and all matters incidental thereto) shall be governed by English law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. Any enquires regarding these Rules and any Specific Rules should be directed to: Sport Magazine, Competitions department, 18 Hatfields, London SE1 8DJ. The competition customer care line is 020 7959 7426.
14. The Data Controller for the purpose of this competition is the Promoter who should be contacted at the address given in clause 13 above.